Our goal is to provide a pathway for Black, Indigenous and other visible minority subject matter expects and executives looking to reach their goals of being board professionals and for those looking to make a difference by serving on nonprofit boards.
Our training will hone your board skills thereby increasing your chances of entering the board room. Whether you are a board professional, an aspiring, emerging board member or subject matter expert or executive professional, we want to amplify your interest and get you ready for the boardroom.
You will gain knowledge in the following areas:
- Fundamentals of corporate governance
- The business case for diversified voices on boards
- Context of women on boards and women of color on boards
- Board Code of conducts
- Legislative framework for corporate governance
- Governing models
- Role of the Board vs role of directors
- Insider – Outsider dynamics and other challenges faced by visible minorities on boards
- The importance of assessing the risks of board members and the board as a whole
- Writing compelling resumes for board positions
- Governance training for those seeking public office posts or elected positions