Website Canadian Women & Sport
Canadian Women & Sport is a Multisport Service Organization that partners with sport organizations, governments, and leaders to build better sport through gender equity. We’re experts on systemic change and strive to build a stronger, more equitable sport system for girls and women and for all Canadians.
Canadian Women & Sport champions women and girls in every arena, from the field of play to the boardroom. By challenging the status quo, we’re dedicated to working towards a sport system that creates the conditions for girls and women to thrive as leaders in sport and in their communities.
- Guidance and leadership to the CEO and staff as they implement the strategic and operational plans;
- Chair of or participation in committees such as the revenue generation, marketing and communications, nominating, governance, and finance committees;
- Reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings;
- Approving annual budget and audit reports;
- Contributing to the CEO annual evaluation;
- Representing Canadian Women & Sport to stakeholders and acting as an ambassador to the organization.
- Bilingual (French – English)
- Geographical representation across Canada, with particular interest in Quebec, the Prairies, and Northern Canada (Territories).
- Preference will be given to individuals from the following groups, as per our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion:Indigenous peoples (First Nations – includes Status, Treaty or Non-Status, Métis and Inuit)
- Visible minorities (includes people (other than Indigenous) who are non-white regardless of place of birth)
- Individuals with a disability
- LGBTQI2S+ individuals
- Individuals who are not women are encouraged to apply
- Sport system knowledge, with preference for Provincial/Territorial and/or local sport leadership experience
- Finance and/or Accounting background
- Strategic and/or innovative leadership with national corporate or non-profit organizations
- Revenue generation linked to organizational sustainability
- Marketing experience
- Federal government relations experience