Website Green Neighbors Network of Toronto
Launched in April 2018, GNN is a network of independent community groups and individuals working together with a common goal: to help make Toronto a city of greener, more vibrant neighbourhoods and a leader in the worldwide urban movement against climate change. GNN aims to facilitate collaboration among members and mentorship of new green groups. We strive to help our members develop skills for effective civic engagement and to build a rich web of alliances with other groups in the areas of health, environment, transit, housing and social justice. We are keen to expand this new network across the city.
- The position of GNN Treasurer, Board of Directors will involve a time commitment, on average, of 10 hours a month and will entail the following tasks:
- Provide fiscal oversight of Green Neighbours Network, including audit, budgeting, investing, financial reporting, risk management, and related policies and procedures.
- Liaise with the auditor & report to the board financial irregularities, concerns or opportunities.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other reports.
- Ensure month-end procedures are accurate and timely.
- Manage accounting for inventory, accounts receivable and payables.
- Act as one of the signing officers of the organization with respect to banking and investment transactions.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and strategic directions.
- Professional expertise in accounting and finance management.
- Certification: CPA (CGA or CMA equivalent) an asset.
- A high level of administrative, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Knowledgeable about board governance and previous experience is an asset.
To apply for this job email your details to GNNvolunteers@gmail.com