Langley Care Society
Langley Care Society (LCS) is a not-for profit and charitable organization, that serves Langley seniors with complex
care needs. The Society was spear-headed in 1971 by a group of civic leaders who were concerned about the lack
of residential care services in the community. Through cooperative planning, Langley Lodge was constructed, and
welcomed its first resident in 1974. Since then, it has been “a place to call home” for many of Langley's seniors. In
2008 the LCS undertook a massive construction and renovation project to expand the facility to new standards. A
$28M investment converted the older structure into a single occupancy, modern residence and added a new tower,
to create a total of 139 rooms in the 6 storey structure. There are over 125 dedicated volunteers who support
therapeutic programs and fundraising efforts and help to link residents to the surrounding community by bringing
a community spirit inside the residence. The LCS strives to provide the best possible service to the residents of
Langley Lodge and achieved Accreditation with Exemplary Standing in 2016 with Accreditation Canada.
Monitoring the performance of the Society in relation to its mission, objectives, values and reputation.
• Communication with key stakeholders and other community leaders.
• Promoting the organization’s image.
• Contributing to an effective working relationship with the Senior Executive Team.
• Identifying and recruiting future leaders.
• Development of strategic plans, governance policies.
• Demonstrating fiduciary responsibilities and stewardship of the Society's assets.
• Accounting and Finance
• Government Relations
• Community Development
• Business and/or Land Development
To apply for this job email your details to Pleasesendresumewithacoverlettertodhauptman@langleylodge.org