Website Lupus Ontario
Lupus Ontario is the largest provincial voluntary organization dedicated to improving the lives of people living with lupus.
Funded in 2004 when The Ontario Lupus Association and the Lupus Society of Hamilton amalgamated, we have been dedicated to helping lupus patients learn about and cope with this life-altering and sometimes life-taking autoimmune disorder. Our volunteers and staff have been providing support, furthering education, improving public awareness, advocacy and research for over 30 years.
- Attend meetings of Lupus Ontario’s Board of Directors;
- Ensure that Lupus Ontario is being governed according to its by-laws;
- Assist in determining Lupus Ontario’s mission, operations and policies;
- Ensure and participate in effective strategic and long-range planning;
- Ensure that Lupus Ontario’s financial and human resources are managed effectively through active Board participation (Fiduciary Duty);
- Ensure that all legal, financial audit and reporting requirements are complied with so as to maintain Lupus Ontario’s status as an incorporated and registered Charity;
- Must have at least 10 years of work experience in a management role or a strong track record of working in or leading teams in corporate or volunteer settings
- Knowledge of Lupus and/or involvement with a Lupus patient would be an asset.
- Knowledge of accounting, law, fundraising, communication and technology will be prioritized.
- Retired management executive able to make a time commitment with a desire to retain life-long skills learned would find this role fulfilling.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com