Website Royal Botanical Gardens
We dedicate our expertise in horticulture, conservation, science and education to connect people, plants and place for the purpose of nurturing and preserving healthy growing life on our planet.
A world in which everyone is awake to the beauty, diversity and necessity of plants, and from that consciousness more actively works together to protect and preserve plant species and habitats and, by extension, our planet.
The Board of Directors is responsible for overseeing RBG to ensure its viability and sustainability by:
· Establishing RBG’s strategic direction and priorities that will ensure fulfillment of its objects as defined in legislation;
· Safeguarding RBG’s resources;
· Monitoring the performance of RBG and the results achieved relative to its strategic priorities;
· Determining the overall approach to governance issues; and,
· Reporting to key stakeholdersQualifications:
We have an immediate requirement for members with experience in:
· Philanthropy and Fund Development
· Government Relations
RBG is also seeking to build a roster of potential talent to be considered for future Board and Committee vacancies with experience in the following areas:
· Risk Management
· Strategic Planning
· Not-for-Profit/Governmental Agency Governance
· Government Relations/Public Administration
· Organizational Effectiveness
To apply for this job please visit rbg.ca..