Board Role Type: Cannabis / consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry
- $75,000 annual cash retainer paid quarterly.
- $225,000 (annually) in deferred share units granted in quarterly installments.
- Any out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed
The ideal Board candidate will have extensive senior executive level experience in the cannabis / consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry.
1) Expertise in one or more of the following
1. Market Data/Consumer Analytics
2. Packaging and Processing
3. Supply Chain
4. Regulatory Compliance/Government Relations
2) Education and Experience
· A degree from a recognized university in a relevant field of study, or an acceptable combination of relevant education and job-related experience;
· Experience serving as a member of a board of directors of a public company or in a senior executive role reporting to a board of directors of a public company;
· Business experience with strategic planning;
· Business experience in which a proven track record of business acumen, insight and judgement are demonstrated;
· Experience in making significant decisions or providing recommendations on decisions which have substantial financial implications;
· A broad understanding of the Canadian Cannabis industry:
· Well versed in corporate governance and best practices through related experience and on-going professional development; and
· A strong level of financial literacy which includes proficient knowledge and understanding of financial reports, reporting and analysis and the implications of financial measures to strategic objectives.
3) Personal Attributes
· Willing and able to devote the time and energy necessary to fully participate on the Board of a very fluid and dynamic industry;
· Collaborative team player, with a confident attitude, willingness to consider others’ opinions, orientation towards constructively resolving conflicts, and a focus on adding value;
· Sound judgement combined with superior analytical problem solving and decision-making skills, and the ability to balance the interests of multiple stakeholders;
· Strong communication skills, with the ability to listen carefully, raise questions constructively and encourage and build upon an open discussion of critical issues;
· Proven ability to build relationships and develop a strong network of industry contacts;
· Innovative and creative towards developing new ways to address business issues;
· Free of any substantial commercial conflicts, independence of mind; and
· High integrity, accountability, courage and business acumen
All qualified candidates should express their interest to Synergy On Boards and be scheduled for an interview. The most qualified 3 candidates will be submitted for the next round.