1. Who is the ideal candidate for Synergy on boards consulting group?
Our target market is black, indigenous and other visible minority women executive who have the qualities and ambition to join boards and:
- Have unique skill sets (Subject matter experts)
- Are currently serving or have served in senior management positions.
- Has experience serving on boards
- Aspire to seek public office posts or elected positions
2. Can Black, Indigenous and other visible minority men join?
YES! While our focus is women, our membership is also open to men. They are welcome to join training sessions as well as assessments.
3. Why do you only serve BIVM? What about other Caucasion women?
Our research showed that the gap in service that exists is for black, Indigenous and other visible minority women. There are many other organizations who are serving the general population like Women Get On Boards who we happily collaborate with.
4. When I join SBCG, am I guaranteed a board position?
Joining our organization does not automatically guarantee you a board appointment. Our role is not HR or direct placement. Instead, we help with your board strategy, board CV and interview preparation. We also avail personal introductions to experienced directors who can provide advice and encouragement in specific interview situations. Best of all, we leverage our extensive relationships with private companies and charities by bringing the board opportunities to you.
5. What programs or workshops are offered and when do they run?
To see our upcoming events, visit our events page
6. What percentage of visible minorities and Indigenous are directors at FP500 companies?
Visible minorities make up 22.3% of Canadians. According to the Canada Board Diversity Council, only 4.5% are directors at FP500 companies.