1. Who is the ideal candidate for Synergy on boards consulting group?
Our target market is Indigenous, Black and Visible Minority (IBVM) women executive who have the qualities and ambition to join boards and:
- Have unique skill sets (Subject matter experts)
- Are currently serving or have served in senior management positions.
- Has experience serving on boards
- Aspire to seek public office posts or elected positions
2. Can Indigenous, Black and Visible Minority (IBVM) men join?
YES! While our focus is women, we also serve IBVM men. They are welcome to join training sessions as well as pursue executive and board opportunities.
3. Why do you only serve IBVM? What about other Caucasian women?
Our research showed that the gap in service that exists is for IBVM women followed by IBVM men. There are many other organizations who are serving the majority of the population.
4. When I join Synergy On Boards Consulting Group, am I guaranteed a board position?
Joining our organization does not automatically guarantee you a board appointment. We are here to mentor you, help you with board strategy, board CV and interview preparation. We also avail personal introductions to experienced directors who can provide advice and encouragement in specific interview situations. Best of all, we leverage our extensive relationships with private companies and charities by bringing the board opportunities to you.
5. What programs or workshops are offered and when do they run?
To see our upcoming events, visit our events page
6. What percentage of IBVM are directors at FP500 companies?
Visible minorities make up 22.3% of Canadians. According to the Canada Board Diversity Council, only 4.5% are directors at FP500 companies.