What We Do
Synergy on Boards Consulting Group represents the interests of black, indigenous and other visible minority professionals who are seeking to be empowered and to be strong voices in the boardroom.
Meet Our Founders
“Diversity on boards is NOT a societal issue, it’s a source of disruption and the right business decision”
Progress lies in the constructive disruption that cognitive diversity and the dimensions of difference brings to the decision-making tables.
— Trish Mandewo
Why is diversity on boards Important?
When it comes to diversity on boards, the numbers speak for themselves. Research has shown that companies with more diverse boards generate stronger financial performance. At Synergy on Boards Consulting Group, we do not see diversity on boards as a societal issue, we see it as the right business decision. We challenge companies to understand that gender is just one dimension of difference. Stakeholders are putting pressure on boards to cultivate cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Some of the benefits of diversity on boards are
- Boards with the optimal balance outperform all others as they have continuity and also enjoy unbiased decision-making
- Diversity brings different competencies and balanced perspectives
- Boards with staggered terms perform better as the routine turnover brings new ideas and experiences.
- Inclusive boards are creative and they are open to innovative ideas which may improve strategic decision making.
- Diversity of thoughts stemming from different functional expertise and backgrounds.
Diversity makes us stronger