What We Do
Synergy on Boards Consulting Group seeks to represent the interests of Indigenous, Black and Visible Minority professionals who are seeking to be empowered and to be strong voices in the boardroom and in the c-suite.
Our service offerings extend across Canada, where we have strategic alliances with leading service providers in most Provinces. Our credibility is enhanced by our partnership with another executive search firm which has been in the space for more than 10 years.
We are committed to identifying talent with proven experience and cutting-edge functional skills from within the Indigenous, Black and visible minority population. Our philosophy is to maximize client value through strong strategic partnerships, relationship building, adapting and responding effectively to the diverse business challenges faced by of our clients and partners.
Meet Our Founders
Meet Our Advisors
Progress lies in the constructive disruption that cognitive diversity and the dimensions of difference brings to all decision-making tables.
— Trish Mandewo
Why is diversity in C-suites and boards Important?
When it comes to diversity in the c-suite and on boards, the numbers speak for themselves. Research has shown that companies with more diverse senior executives and boards generate stronger financial performance. At Synergy on Boards Consulting Group, we do not see diversity on boards as a societal issue, we see it as the right business decision. We challenge companies to understand that gender is just one dimension of difference.
Companies should aim for Heterogeneclusion. Coined by Trish Mandewo, Heterogeneclusion is the optimal state where diversity is so seamless such that each individual’s unique traits are celebrated and they add to the phenomenal outcomes.
Some of the benefits of diversity
- Teams and Boards with the optimal balance outperform all others as they have continuity and also enjoy unbiased decision-making
- Diversity brings different competencies and balanced perspectives
- Boards with staggered terms perform better as the routine turnover brings new ideas and experiences.
- Inclusive teams and boards are creative and they are open to innovative ideas which may improve strategic decision making.
- Diversity of thoughts stemming from different functional expertise and backgrounds.
Diversity makes us stronger
What we offer
Subscribe to our Newsletter
To stay updated with our upcoming training sessions and opportunities available for you, sign up now below