BC Public Service Agency
This position may be located in Victoria, Vancouver, Nanaimo, Kamloops, Nelson, or Prince George.
Director, Labour Relations
$92,700.24 – $123,200.20 annually
A high profile leadership role for an experienced facilitator with outstanding collaborative skills!
The Labour Relations Branch of the BC Public Service Agency is responsible for providing cross-government labour relations services on behalf of the public service. The Branch also represents government at arbitrations before the Labour Relations Board and in collective bargaining.
The Director of Labour Relations is one of two positions that provides negotiation and labour relations services across government ministries and agencies and leads a professional team of labour relations experts in an environment where labour and employment law, regulations and policy are continually evolving.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca).Qualifications:
Qualifications for this role include:
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field, such as law, public administration, or industrial relations.
• A minimum of 6 years of recent labour relations experience in a unionized environment OR a minimum of 6 years recent experience as a human resources practitioner that includes significant labour relations experience.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Experience communicating research findings and policy advice to audiences of senior decision makers and labour relations specialists.
• Experience in negotiations with Union representatives.
For more information, and to apply online by October 11, 2022, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/92095