Website Socks 4 Souls Canada (S4SC)
Socks 4 Souls Canada (S4SC) is a registered charity under the CRA regulations, and we actively engage with Canada Helps to manage donations and issue tax receipts. S4SC is a volunteer-led organization; primarily serving the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). We promote the health, dignity, and mobility of the homeless by providing clean, new socks and comfort. Everything we do is enabled by the generous support of our volunteer community, financial and sock donations of our strategic partners, corporations, small business enterprises, private citizens, and the leadership and guidance of a senior Board of directors and advisors. Underpinning everything we do, is our belief that every homeless person deserves warmth, comfort, and the mobility of healthy feet. From an impact perspective, since 2015, we have distributed over 720,700 new socks to homeless communities and continuously promote the associated health and mobility benefits.
Treasurer Responsibilities include;
- Working closely with the other members of the Executive Committee (chair, vice chair and secretary) to safeguard the organization’s finances – i.e., Financial Oversight.
- Preparing financial progress and yearend reports for presentation at quarterly Board meetings and the AGM.
- Being the primary connection with the CRA for questions and clarifications.
- Directing external accountant and auditor assigned by the Board.
- Directing the part-time bookkeeper and admin coordinator.
- Overseeing banking transactions, control of the accounts, be signatory to the S4S bank accounts, periodic reconciliation of statements (with the bookkeeper).
- Preparing for and attending all Quarterly, Annual Board Meetings and Executive Committee Check-ins.
- Assisting the fundraising team with financial inputs for Grant proposals.
- Business and Finance Leadership experience
- Ideally an accredited CA/CPA
- NFP Board experience
- Passionate and knowledgeable about homelessness and/or the health system.
- A deep network of senior business and/or funding decision-makers and influencers
- Collaborative, servant leadership work style
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com