Website YWCA Metro Vancouver
For 125 years, YWCA Metro Vancouver has been supporting women and families as they pursue their dreams and goals.
We boldly envision a just and equitable world for women, families and allies.
We advance gender equity alongside women, families, Two-Spirit and gender diverse people through advocacy and integrated services that help support personal, collective and economic wellbeing.
As a Director, you will be expected to share the YWCA’s commitment to:
• Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility
• Gender Inclusion • Anti-Racism
• Truth and Reconciliation
• A Participant-Centred Approach
Additionally, you will be required to:
• Be a member in good standing of YWCA Metro Vancouver when nominated
• Support our vision and mission
• Be knowledgeable about gender equity
• Support our advocacy positions (see below)
• Understand and be willing to carry out the duties and responsibilities of a Director
• Devote the time and effort necessary to fully participate in the governance of the organization, including approximately seven Board meetings per year, typically scheduled on the second Tuesday of the month from 4:00 pm to 8:30 pm (normally held in-person in Vancouver or may be held virtually), and additional committee responsibilities (four to five meetings per year) o Tentative Board meeting dates for 2024/2025: September 10, November 12, December 10, February 11, April 15, May 13, June 10
• Participate on one Board committee (committees currently include: Governance and Nominating; Finance, Audit and Investment; Human Resources and Compensation)
Our volunteer Board is a collaborative group of engaged, strategic leaders who oversee the conduct of the YWCA’s business and provide guidance and vision on a broad range of strategic matters. Along with the YWCA leadership team, they assume responsibility for the performance and direction of the YWCA and provide oversight of a range of areas including finance, risk and CEO performance.