Synergy Executive & Boards Consulting Group is proud to announce its partnership with the 50-30 Challenge, a pioneering initiative launched by the Government of Canada to promote diversity and inclusion in Canadian workplaces. With this collaboration, Synergy is committed to accelerating the inclusion of Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) talent, particularly at executive levels, on boards, and in senior management positions across Canada.
As a local partner to Toronto Metropolitan University’s Ted Rogers School of Management’s Diversity Institute, Synergy is excited to extend its critical work on a larger scale and contribute to a more diverse and inclusive corporate landscape. This partnership places Synergy in a unique position to play a transformative role in fostering greater representation and equity.
The 50-30 Challenge is a groundbreaking initiative that brings together Canadian businesses, diversity organizations, and the Government of Canada to advocate for equal representation and inclusion. Over 1,400 organizations, both from the for-profit and non-profit sectors, are already supporting the challenge. Its two main objectives are:
- Gender Parity: Encouraging organizations to achieve 50% representation of women and/or non-binary individuals on Canadian boards and/or in senior management positions.
- Significant Representation: Inspiring organizations to achieve 30% representation of members from other equity-deserving groups, such as racialized individuals, Black and People of Colour, People with disabilities (including invisible and episodic disabilities), 2SLGBTQ+ and gender and sexually diverse individuals, as well as Aboriginal and Indigenous Peoples. The challenge recognizes Indigenous Peoples, including First Nations, Métis, and Inuit, as founding People of Canada and underrepresented in positions of economic influence and leadership.
Synergy Executive & Boards Consulting Group, in partnership with Toronto Metropolitan University’s Ted Rogers School of Management’s Diversity Institute, is wholeheartedly committed to the 50-30 Challenge and pledges to:
- Provide Support: Assisting participating organizations in adopting the toolkit and achieving their diversity and inclusion objectives by connecting them to best practices, tools, and guidance.
- Roadmaps for Improvement: Creating clear and detailed roadmaps for enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion for Challenge participants.
- Producing Resources: Offering resources to Challenge participants to improve inclusion within their workplaces.
- Attract and Retain Talent: Helping organizations attract and retain BIPOC talent, foster brave and inclusive spaces, and build diverse, world-class management teams through exceptional talent and solutions.
- Empowering Participants: Supporting and strengthening 50-30 Challenge participants with access to cutting-edge research, databases of best practices, and recruitment and training of diverse board-ready candidates.
As part of this initiative, Synergy actively promotes the use of the What Works Toolkit developed by KPMG. This online resource is tailored to assist Canadian organizations in achieving the 50-30 Challenge goals. The toolkit offers concrete actions, including policies and approaches for recruitment, mentoring, promoting, and retaining board members and employees. It also provides recommendations for incorporating diversity, equity, and inclusion, alongside anti-racism and anti-harassment strategies. The toolkit highlights successful Canadian organizations that have effectively integrated diversity and inclusion into their long-term vision.
Synergy invites all Canadian organizations to participate in the 50-30 Challenge and be a part of this transformative movement. By striving for diversity, inclusion, and equal representation, together, we can create a more equitable and prosperous future for all Canadians.
To register your organization for the 50-30 Challenge, please complete the form.
For more information and inquiries, please contact : firstname.lastname@example.org